Radical, Rational, Reasonable, Realistic
A radical notion may nonetheless be rational, and then, over time, reasonable and realistic — if you work your butt off.
1. Arising from or going to a root or source; basic.
2. Departing markedly from the usual or customary; extreme.
3. Favoring or effecting fundamental or revolutionary changes in current practices, conditions, or institutions.
1. One who advocates fundamental or revolutionary changes in current practices, conditions, or institutions.
Adjective: Arising from or going to the root or source. basic, original, primary, fundamental, bottom, basal, underlying.
Adjective: Holding especially political views that deviate drastically and fundamentally from conventional or traditional beliefs. extreme, revolutionary, fanatical, rabid, extremist, ultra.
Noun: One who holds extreme views or advocates extreme measures. extremist, fanatic, revolutionary, ultra.
1. Having or exercising the ability to reason.
2. Of sound mind; sane.
3. Consistent with or based on reason; logical.
Adjective: Able to reason validly. logical, analytic.
Adjective: Consistent with reason and intellect. reasonable, logical, intelligent, sensible.
Adjective: Of sound mind; mentally healthy. sane, lucid.
Adjective: Possessing, proceeding from, or exhibiting good judgment and prudence. reasonable, sound, wise, sensible, sane, prudent, judicious, balanced, commonsensical, levelheaded, sagacious, sage, sapient, well-founded, well-grounded.
1. Capable of reasoning; rational.
2. Governed by or being in accordance with reason or sound thinking.
3. Being within the bounds of common sense.
4. Not excessive or extreme; fair.
Adjective: Consistent with reason and intellect. logical, intelligent, rational, sensible.
Adjective: Kept within sensible limits. conservative, moderate, discreet, temperate, restrained.
Adjective: Not excessive or extreme in amount, degree, or force. modest, moderate, temperate.
Adjective: Possessing, proceeding from, or exhibiting good judgment and prudence. sound, wise, rational, sensible, sane, prudent, judicious, balanced, commonsensical, levelheaded, sagacious, sage, sapient, well-founded, well-grounded.
Adjective: Suited to or within the means of ordinary people. popular, medium-priced.
1. Tending to or expressing an awareness of things as they really are.
2. Of or relating to the representation of objects, actions, or social conditions as they actually are.
Adjective: Accurately representing what is depicted or described. natural, lifelike, naturalistic, truthful, true-to-life.
Adjective: Described verbally in sharp and accurate detail. vivid, photographic, picturesque, graphic, lifelike, pictorial.
Adjective: Having or indicating an awareness of things as they really are. hard, practical, objective, sober, down-to-earth, hard-boiled, pragmatic, unromantic, hardheaded, matter-of-fact, tough-minded.