There are several piece of legislation in the 112th Congress (2011-2012) that I'm working on. For copies of the legislation as introduced and as it works its way through the poitical process and where it is in the poitical maze, go to "Thomas" (an in Thomas Jefferson), the website of the Library of Congress that tracks all things congressional.
• S. 220, Oregon Eastside Forests Restoration, Old Growth Protection and Jobs Act, introduced by Senators Ron Wyden (D-OR) and Jeff Merkley (D-OR). My Eastside Forests page has a lot on the subject.
• S. 765 and H.R. 1414, Oregon Caves Revitalization Act, introduced by Sen. Ron Wyden, Sen. Jeff Merkley, Rep. Peter DeFazio, Rep. Earl Blumenauer, Rep. Kurt Schrader, and REp. David Wu. Background info on the proposed expansion of the naitonal monument and the voluntary relinquishment of two federal grazing permits can be found at the Klamath-Siskiyou Wildlands Center's Oregon Caves page.
• S. 403 and H.R. 752, Molalla River Wild and Scenic Rivers Act, introduced by Sen. Ron Wyden, Sen. Jeff Merkley, Rep. Kurt Schrader, Rep. Earl Blumenauer, Rep. Peter DeFazio and Rep. David Wu.
• S. 766 and H.R. 1413, Devil's Staircase Wilderness Act, introduced by Sen. Ron Wyden, Sen. Jeff Merkley, Rep. Earl Blumenauer, Rep. Kurt Schrader, and Rep. David Wu
• S. 674 and H.R. 1415, Chetco River Protection Act, introduced by Sen. Ron Wyden, Sen. Jeff Merkley, Rep. Peter DeFazio, Rep. Earl Blumenauer, and Rep. David Wu.
• S. 607, Cathedral Rock and Horse Heaven Wilderness Act, introduced by Senator Wyden and Senator Merkley.
• H.R. 163, Central Idaho Economic Development and Recreation Act, introduced by Rep. Mike Simpson (R-ID). In my view, the bill should designate more Wilderness and release no Wilderness Study Area, but Section 102(e)(2) pertaining to the voluntary relinquishment of federal grazing permits and leases is very good. The only thing that could improve it is if it were applied to more grazing allotments in the area.
• S. 171 and H.R. 612, West Coast Ocean Protection Act, introduced by Sen. Barbara Boxer, Sen. Dianne Feinstein, Sen. Jeff Merkley, Sen. Patty Murray, Sen. Maria Cantwell, Sen. Ron Wyden, Rep Peter DeFazio, Rep. David Wu, Rep. Kurt Schrader and numerous other House members from the Pacific Coast.
• H.R. 3436 and S. 2001, Rogue Wilderness Area Expansion Act of 2011 introduced by Reps. Peter DeFazio, Earl Blumenauer and Kurt Schrader, Sens. Ron Wyden and Jeff Merkley.