Andy Kerr

Conservationist, Writer, Analyst, Operative, Agitator, Strategist, Tactitian, Schmoozer, Raconteur

90-10 Rules

By Andy Kerr

1. Conservation organizations agree 90% of the time; the remaining 10% distinguish them as separate organizations.

2. Such distinctions, while very important to insiders, are—for the most part—lost on outsiders, save potentially for opponents seeking to divide us.

3. Conservationists should not spend 90% of our time trying—and failing—to agree (actually trying to convert the others to our view) on the 10% that distinguish us.